Pages

Thursday 1 June 2017

Tattoo's

Angel Temu                           17.05.17

WALT - Explain Tattoo’s significance to my culture

Success Criteria:
  • I must have a topic sentence
  • I must choose my words carefully
  • I must use expensive vocabulary
  • I must give detail in each paragraph
  • I must have a title
_____________________________________

Title: The Significance of Tattoo’s in my culture…

Introduction:
A Tattoo is a design made by inserting ink that is either temporary or permanent into the layer of skin to change its colour.

Explanation:
According to my research I found that Cook Island tribes or clans only use or wear tattoo’s to recognize a particular native animal or plant. But to have a kind of drawing on their skin it says that only new members or new chiefs must respect the totem before they must go forward. The totem is a spirit being, but is an object filled with different kinds of symbols based on family, clans or tribes.

Secondly, The Turtle Tattoo.
The Turtle Tattoo’s are one of the tattoo’s that is basically popular through out a load of cultures, it has been here and around the world for about thousands of years. But is a kind of symbol that gives strength, stability and stamina.

Thirdly, The Centipede Tattoo.
The Centipede Tattoo is a symbol for a centipede’s poisonous bite that is a common totem of chiefs, but is located on a chief’s back to show strength and leadership.

Conclusion,
At the end of my experience of tattoos I have learned about the tattoos in relation to my culture Cook Island.





0 comments:

Post a Comment